Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Potty Training

It wasn't in my plans to start Mikayla on potty training so early, but she had other plans. For the past couple of days, she has been asking about her own "special potty" so tonight we went as a family so she could pick out her own chair. She chose a pink girly toilet chair and as soon as we got home, she asked me to take it out of the box. I thought it would be a milestone to have her just sit on the chair with her clothes on, so she could get used to the idea. I was very surprised when she starting pulling her pants off and was acting like she wanted to do the real thing. So, we set her on the chair, let her sit until she didn't want to sit anymore and imagine my surprise when she stood up and there was pee inside! I was so proud of her! I yelled to Steve and of course we took pictures, gave her a treat and made the biggest deal out of it. Currently she is in the bathroom sitting on the chair, hoping for another chance to get such a reaction from us. Hopefully this pattern continues, it will be nice to have only one child in diapers.


Instead of posting the "real" picture, I took another one of her in her diaper. You get the idea...

3 comments:

Katie Gee said...

Whoa! That's awesome! Go Mikayla!!! I hope it goes this well and easy for you the whole time Janet.

mamagee said...

That is truly amazing and you can tell how much she loves being on it! It really is a cute little girly potty chair!!

Mummy Nana said...

I don't know when I am going to start with my 3 years old boy... it is so hard.. *sigh... congrat's Mikayla.