Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yellowstone/Jackson Hole

For Memorial Day weekend, we went up to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole with my parents. I didn't think we would make it, because all last week Mikayla and I were really sick. She got sick on Tuesday, and it hit me on Wednesday. I'll spare you all the gory details, but trust me, it wasn't pretty. Luckily we all felt well enough to leave on Saturday. Mikayla did really well on the drive and she loved all the sites we saw. We went to Old Faithful, saw some hot springs, spotted some buffalo and it was awesome. It was so nice to spend the weekend together and not worry about school, work, the future, etc. It's always hard to pack up and head home. Thanks mom and dad for a great weekend!

A romantic spot


Old Faithful


I love Mikayla's face in this picture. You might want to click on it to enlarge it. If you notice, there is an elk behind her, WATCH OUT!


The antler arch in Jackson Hole


A moose giving birth to Mikayla

4 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

What a fun trip! Glad you guys had a good time. Your comment on that last photo cracked me up! When I get back to UT we have to have you guys over for dinner or something.

mamagee said...

What great pictures of a great weekend. We are so glad that you guys made it, too. Loved being with you.

Trying to be said...

sounds like it was a ton of fun. i love the moose delivery. looks like it was a success. :)

Katie Gee said...

Oh! That's a super funny caption about the moose. Dude...Mikayla is gorgeous!