Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just call me Martha

I don't know what's happened to me, but I've become Martha Stewart. All of a sudden, I want to create. Within the last couple of weeks, I've tried my hand at a couple of crafts, and I have to say they're not too bad. First of all, I decided to try and sew a nursing cover. My sisters recently bought one and after looking at them and trying to get some idea on how they are sewn, I tried it on my own. Now, I'm pretty impressed with myself because I didn't have a pattern, or a nursing cover in front of me as I sewed. Plus, this is only the 3rd thing in my life that I have ever sewn. I simply went off of what I remembered. It isn't professional, but it covers what it needs to cover. No embarrassing moments for me!



Second, I tried my hand at decoupage. It was quite relaxing. I got letters for Sophia's name, some craft paper and waaa laaaa. Beautiful



Last but not least, Steve got me a Cricut machine for Mother's day! I was so excited and so surprised. Now I feel like my creative genius can totally be unleashed (watch out). I decided to have my first attempt be a nice vinyl decoration for Mikayla's room that says "Little Angel". I especially like the halo over the A. Wonderful

8 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

Look at you go! I love the letters you made. Beautiful! We will have to get together and do some crafts. :-)

mamagee said...

I'm way impressed!! I knew you had the vinyl and the letters in you, but that nursing cover - WOW. You did a great job, way to go. What a little Martha you are!!

Hermana Macy Udy said...

You really are the crafty one and I love all the projects you have made.

You really are "Handy Dandy!"

Unknown said...

NICE you are everything I want to be :) I am sadly the opposite of creative. But I LOVE the letters you did for SOPHIA oh I love them so much. What a brilliant idea I am impressed. So sorry I wasn't there on Sunday we rented a car and went to Disneyland very spur of the moment. If you could bring the DVD again this Sunday that would be so awesome.
THANKS Janet I am excited to hear you teach :)

Katie Gee said...

Woah! Great job Janet!

Unknown said...

super cute. i love it all

shalane said...

Whoah baby. What's gotten into you?! I will now come to you for all of my creative needs. :)

Derek and Amanda said...

Gotta love the Cricut:)