Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's the Holiday Season

As this is the first Christmas for Steve and I (and Mikayla) as a family, and we are in a house right now, we decided to pull out all the stops for Christmas. In November Steve put lights on the house outside, and we decided to get a real tree.



I grew up with real trees, but this was the first one for Steve. I think we did a pretty good job picking out the right one for our little home. The best part about the home though, has to be the fireplace. It's so much fun to build a fire on a snowy night and have all the Christmas lights on.



Little Mikayla already loves her little stocking. It's weird, whenever I stand in front of the stocking, she begins to tap on my stomach in morse code. I've only figured out the beginning part of the message. It says, "Tell Santa I want..." I hope she finishes the message before Christmas. Only 16 shopping days left. I'm not ready

7 comments:

Trying to be said...

You are hilarious. its a big deal! 16 days left? i'm not ready. oh.. the joys of shopping. :) everything looks great. i think cameron is coming on tuesday to put the dishwasher together and the sink!!!!! it will be a christmas miracle.

Hermana Macy Udy said...

Janet,

I am very impressed that you guys already have a name picked out. Clint and I cannot decide on a boy's name. We just might have to wait until we see him.

I can't wait to see pics of your new kitchen! Have you guys been eating tv dinners and take-out a lot?

I enjoy reading your posts; you are very entertaining!

Diana said...

I love the tree! Mark and I have a fake one right now, but maybe when we buy a house we can be cool like you and get a real one. I'm crossing my fingers now!! Maybe I need you to tell me what my little guy is saying in Morse code. I could use an interpreter. :)

Unknown said...

does mikayla move around a lot? it is so cool when you can finally feel them kicking around in there.

Anonymous said...

You guys are totally on the ball with Christmas stuff. We only got about half our decorations out this year. Too much going on. How's the kitchen coming along. I want to come see the big reveal of the finished product. It IS a Christmas miracle.

Anonymous said...

Janet, the house looks so warm and cozy!! The best part of the Christmas spirit that is felt there is the love you and Steve share. It just radiates!! I am waiting to see the reveal. Too much pageant stuff and Christmas stuff to be able to come down. Although, we haven't gotten a tree up here, but the cabin sure looks great!!

Anonymous said...

I love the stockings hung by the chimney with care!!