Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bus driver, Move that Bus!

It gives me great pleasure to announce the completion of our kitchen. I can't even begin to describe the joy I feel every time I turn the water on in the sink (for the last 5 weeks we've been using the bathroom) or when I turn the dishwasher on to do a load of dishes. The first load of dishes, Steve and I stood in the kitchen to watch. It was the first time in a year that we didn't have to hand wash a dish. I have to admit, a tear did escape my eye and roll gently down my cheek. We love everything about our new kitchen. New cabinets, new appliances, new tile, new lighting and a new paint job. It's just so magical. Below are some pictures of the finished product so that we all might bask in the miracle of the kitchen. Drum roll please...


OUR NEW DISHWASHER!!!! Isn't it the most wonderful thing you've ever seen?


Our new stainless steel sink (I've got goose bumps)


New stove and over the stove microwave


The breath taking view into the kitchen (notice the new tile, and the new curtains and the beautiful clock on the wall)


No more fluorescent lighting. Instead the very stylish track lighting.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing!! Looks so beautiful. It is another chinese, or Christmas miracle. When the finishing touches are up it will be even more spectacular. Your Dad worked yesterday on the little counter and the filer.

Unknown said...

wow. it looks awesome. isn't it funny how wonderful life is once you have a dishwasher?!

Diana said...

The kitchen looks wonderful. I can't wait for the invitation to dine there with you someday.... ;)

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I bet you will appreciate that kitchen every time you load the dishwasher or cook on the stove or use the microwave. Wow! You should post some before pics so we can really see the contrast. Can my herd and I come descend on you sometime?

Trying to be said...

i love it. it looks great. i am very pleased!! :)

Hermana Macy Udy said...

Like Diana said, I too am waiting for a dinner invite so we can all enjoy your beautiful kitchen.

I love it! It is definitely a handy, dandy kitchen. :)

Anonymous said...

Janet - time for a new post. I know that Santa came to your home. Where are the Christmas/anniversay pictures?

Anonymous said...

Janet - we are still waiting...

Anonymous said...

Still waiting.....

Anonymous said...

jan, where'd ya go?

Anonymous said...

Janet - you need to publish. Your fans are asking for you!!