Sunday, January 27, 2008

Martha Stewart




Hello Everyone! I know it's been a while since I last blogged, but life has been crazy and by the time I get home from work, it seems like the day is already gone. I made myself sit down this fine Sunday to get something online.
So I finally have decided on the colors for the nursey. I didn't want something overwhelmingly girly, since who knows what future babies might bring. I"ve settled for navy blue and pink. The crib bedding will be a navy blue quilted pattern, and the pink will be the accent for Mikayla so everyone knows she is a girl. If/When we have a boy, I will remove the pink and keep the navy blue.
Since I decided on the colors, I decided to be artsy fartsy and I went all out. Yes everyone, I, Janet Handy, decided to toll paint! I went to Michaels, bought some wood letters, painted them blue and pink, got a wood background, painted that blue and pink and waaalaa. I have to say, I didn't do a bad job. I was worried it wouldn't turn out, but I like it. It's got me excited for my next project, so who knows what I might end up doing next.

5 comments:

Diana said...

It looks great! I bet you're so excited to have a start on things. If you grow tired of being crafty, you could probably enlist the help of your kids at school.

Unknown said...

way cute!

Trying to be said...

WOW! its dang cute. we love it. i need to still put something together for kaycee's room. it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Janet. It does look fabulous. Is this really my daughter Janet? Toll painting!! I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Nice job, sis. I love the blue dots, and how nice and uniform they are. :)