Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ultrasound Appointment/Controversy


Yesterday I had my 18 week appointment and Steve and I were hoping that by some small miracle we would be able to get in for an ultrasound (it was Steve's birthday). But alas, it was not to be. "Tom" THE ultrasound guy wasn't in, so we had to make an appointment for the 14th of November. You can see in the picture it is at 4:00pm and with the one and only Tom. I can't wait to meet this infamous ultrasoundist. He is the best in the business, you know.
Halloween went off today without too many complications or difficulties. Sort of. I may end up on TV or in court for a controversial situation, but other than that, not bad. I absentmindedly threw together a costume, which I thought would be harmless and maybe a little funny. I had a black skirt, a black shirt and carelessly concluded that a nun would be a great idea. Apparently, I offended a catholic parent at the school and they called the District to complain. Oops. I guess what they say is true. Timing is everything. Now was not the time to be a nun.
Well, I want to say a word to my fans out there who are faithful to reading my blogs. I want to say thank you for always checking on my site, and that I'm sorry for not always giving the people what they want. I now promise to be better at maintaining my blogs. It's my Handy promise. (But don't count on anything really soon)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's too bad that you couldn't get the ultrasound at your appt, but at least you have it scheduled! how exciting!!

Trying to be said...

ummm.....WOW!! and there was a catholic mom or dad there?!?!? so, when do you find out whats going on? and how did they know you were a nun? you could have said you were gothic. ;) and i am way excited for the ultra sound. :)

Diana said...

I'm excited for you to have your ultrasound! Do you have to drink a gazillion liters of water beforehand? I had to for my appointment, and it was a bit uncomfortable when the tech kept prodding on my belly to get our little guy to move around for him. I'm happy to say that I didn't have an accident, though. May you have the same luck!

I'm glad you're having fun causing mayhem in the elementary school. That's a funny story. I hope the outcome is fine.

Anonymous said...

Janet, I'm soooooooooooo excited for you to have your ultrasound. They are the best!!!

Anonymous said...

That is freaking hilarious! I just can't imagine why a pregnant nun would cause such a stir. Actually, if you ask Brian about some stories from Italy, he will tell you that you are historically correct in choosing that costume. He may even have some pictures from Rome that show some prego nuns that you could use in your defense should it come to that. :)

And yippee for the ultrasound! I can't wait. I've got it marked on my calendar.

Anonymous said...

Janet, I've talked to you in person, but I wanted to add my excitment to all of your fans. We are waiting with great anticipation for the ultra-sound and the reveal of who this new little one is. You are in my prayers...

Hermana Macy Udy said...

Janet,

You make me laugh with your posts! Keep them coming.

I'm excited for you to find out what you are having. That will be a special time for the two of you.

(by the way, this is your favorite cousin, Amy!)

Diana said...

I take issue with the favorite cousin Amy comment. :) Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow. We can't wait to find out what you are having!