Monday, October 1, 2007

The Black Death


So I've had quite the challenge this year with my class and I was at my wits end, not knowing what to do. In Social Studies we are learning about the Middle Ages and I decided to incorporate the feudal system into the classroom. Well, over the weekend, a stroke of genius (or inspiration) came to me to take care of this class once and for all. I decided to use the plague to "wipe" out the class. The kids rolled a dice four times and if they rolled a 4, they were dead. Then, anyone who was left alive, if they were caught talking to anyone who was dead, would die instantaneously. Kind of like playing pigs. Well, all I have to say is that today was a dream. I couldn't have asked for a better day. It was almost as if the children weren't there today. Calgon take me away. I just need to figure out how to keep this going until the end of school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brillant idea!! That truly was inspiration. Did you read that Melinda and Alex are engaged and will be getting married on the 27th of December. They will be at the house on Monday (8th) for a Core Cast dinner. It will be fun to see them. You need to email Greg with you guy's news!!

Trying to be said...

that was a good idea. oh btw-you can keep those witches. its not important.

Anonymous said...

Such a good idea. I hope the rest of the week went as well. I seriously feel for you in your situation. You've got to be exhausted with the load you are carrying (figuratively and literally :) ).

Anonymous said...

Janet, more than a week has gone by and we haven't gotten our news for the week yet. Waiting, waiting, waiting....