Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We're off to see the wizard...

For the past two months, Mikayla has been DYING to be Dorothy for Halloween. I'm not joking. She has talked about it, worn her costume almost daily, and told everyone who would listen, who everyone in the family would be. Mommy is green witch. Daddy is scarecrow and Sophie is Toto.
When it came time to wear the green makeup and look the part, Mikayla didn't want any part of it and instead wanted me to be the "pink witch". In my ever expanding condition, I didn't think a Glinda costume would work so I compromised and put on a fun hat and wore black to be a nicer "green witch". It's not exactly authentic, but it worked. I think my girls make the absolute most cutest Dorothy and Toto.

This year, "Halloween" fell on Steve's birthday so my parents came down to trick or treat with us and then celebrate the big day. It was a fun day and Steve got lots of candy for his b-day! :)




4 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

Oh my! Mikayla looks soooo grown up! Great costumes.

Julie said...

So cute, you guys look great!

mamagee said...

You do look adorable - all of you!! It was so fun to share the evening with you. Thanks so much for the invite!!

Katie Gee said...

You guys all look so great! I'm glad you had a fun Halloween. Miss you!