Friday, November 5, 2010

Ken

So we have a "new" member of our family. After watching Toy Story 3 Mikayla became obsessed with Barbie, of all toys. She wears a dress every day that is her Barbie dress and will not answer to anything other than "Barbie". She will only refer to herself as Barbie and heaven forbid if I say the name Mikayla, all you know what breaks loose. But the most hilarious part of this whole thing is that she calls Sophie "Ken". I feel so bad for little Sophie, I swear she is going to have an identity crisis. All day, the only thing we hear is Mikayla yelling from various parts of the house, "Ken! Ken! Come here Ken!" It's even got to the point that in casual conversation she calls Sophie, Ken. "Ken, do you want a snack? Ken do you want to take a nap? Ken, be careful." I just hope by the time this thing is done Sophie will still answer to her real name. She's starting to respond to Ken more often then not.

4 comments:

Katie Gee said...

What a character! I mean, how could you not love Barbie in Toy Story 3? She was always like "hehe..oh! Hi! hehe!" :)
I'm sure the phase will pass. Then it'll be onto something else super clever. Love you guys!

Diana said...

Just pretend she means 'kin' instead of 'Ken', and everything is fine. Because sisters are definitely kin.

How cute, though! I wonder what she'll be calling your next little one.

Hermana Macy Udy said...

that is hilarious! i love it. :)

mamagee said...

Okay, that is hilarious!! What an imagination that darling girl has. Now I have grand daughters names Barbie and Ken. Hope I can remember that!!!