Sunday, November 1, 2009

What else would this blog be but Halloween?

One thing I love about Blogging and Facebook, is that the day or two after a Holiday, everyone is posting and writing about the same thing. So in keeping with the expectations here is a run down of our Halloween:

I love the way the skeleton is staring at Sophia


Both girls were Winnie the Pooh. Mikayla was a Pooh Bear with a pumpkin stomach and Sophia was a Pooh Bear Sunflower


Mommy and Mikayla (I'm just a basketball player, not very creative)


Steve and Mikayla (Steve had a costume contest at work and won $100 dollars for his costume) Go Jack Sparrow


Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Mikayla LOVED trick or treating. She kept up with the big kids (we went with my brother and sister's kids) and stayed out for an hour and a half and she carried her bucket the entire time. Each time we asked her if she wanted to go back, or if she wanted us to carry the pumpkin, she would absolutely refuse. Here's a picture with her bounty:


When we got home Steve and I made pumpkin cookies, had hot chocolate in spooky skeleton mugs and watched Something Wicked this Way Comes. A great ending to a great night!

4 comments:

Trying to be said...

I was sad when I didnt get to see them in their costumes. They looked so cute!!!!!

mamagee said...

They do look so cute!! We loved sharing the time with you guys. It was way fun. Mikayla is such a little trouper!!

Amy and Andrew said...

Janet!! your girls are SO beautiful! I havent even met sophia yet! we need to get together one of these days. We miss having you guys in the ward! but I am so happy you guys are settled into your new home. Andrew and I have a new blog and wanted to give it to you so we can be in touch! it is andrewcandamy.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Completely adorable Janet... I am sure Halloween in your house is a blast!