Friday, September 4, 2009

Sisterly Love

One of Mikayla's favorite toy to play with has always been a ball. Anytime she sees a ball, she will say the word over and over again until we give it to her. If her cousins come over to play and they happen to pick up a ball to play with, watch out. It's not a pretty sight. It doesn't matter what Mikayla has in her hands, she will always go for the ball. Well, the other day I was trying to get lunch ready so I put Sophie in the swing so I could get it ready faster. Before too long, Sophie started to get fussy and I noticed that Mikayla went over to her. I got nervous thinking that she was about to do something she shouldn't, when I noticed that Mikayla gently gave her basketball to Sophia. It was the cutest thing ever. It was as if Mikayla was saying to Sophie, "Whenever I'm sad, a ball always makes me happy so try mine." Mikayla already is a great older sister and I know when they get older, they are going to be great friends.

Handing over her most beloved possession


Standing over her to make sure she uses it

4 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

How cute!

Katie Gee said...

Awwwwwwwww! She MUST love her sister if she's sharing her basketball. She's so awesome!

JordanandMandyPotter said...

That is so cute! :) I love it. We miss you guys in the ward. I hope you like your new house!

mamagee said...

That is adorable. I could tell how much Mikayla loved Sophie. And wow - Sophie looks so much bigger!! Can't wait to see you.