Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Roley Poley

Mikayla has reached a major mile stone this last week. Last Tuesday, on the 7th, she rolled from her back to her stomach for the first time! We were so excited, but she wasn't too thrilled because she still hates being on her stomach. Then two days later she figured out how to roll from her stomach onto her back! It's fun that she can roll now, but diaper changing has become a new challenge and in the middle of the night she will roll onto her stomach and yell at us until we flip her back over. If we don't go right in to help her (she doesn't do it herself because she is too tired to do it) she gets very upset and definitely will let us know. I'm trying to catch it on video, but of course as soon as she sees the camera, she becomes immobile. I can't believe my little baby is growing up (tear drop).

7 comments:

Jeni said...

Your little girl's adorable. Sounds like we're both in heaven being stay-at-home moms. Ü

Unknown said...

before you know it, she'll be crawling and getting into everything!

mamagee said...

Love the picture of all of you. Wish we could see how the other family pictures and individual families turn out. When I have a minute, I'll try and get ahold of Merrilee.

Cassie said...

As I walked past your old classroom today I wondered when I'd be seeing you again. You can imagaine my excitement when I saw your comment on my blog. I'll be able to stay more up on your life now than I did when I worked right next door to you. I hope you're having a fun summer and enjoying not having to dread the wonderful faculty return date of Aug. 14.

Diana said...

Hooray for Mikayla. Thomas seems to like to do most of his rolling when we're not in the room. We'll walk out of the room and then re-enter only to find him in a completely different position. I wish I could meet Mikayla sometime soon!

Diana said...

Hey Janet,

I just responded to your question on my blog but thought I'd also add it here on your blog. To get the blog update list, go to 'Add a Page Element' on your blog, and click on Blog List. I think it's the coolest page element because now I know when I need to read someone else's blog. Keep updating your blog so that your name floats to the top!!

Hermana Macy Udy said...

Aren't babies so cute when they get stuck on their tummies! They seem so helpless and are just waiting to have someone come to the rescue!

She is ADORABLE!