Saturday, November 15, 2008

Disappointment


Last year for my birthday, Steve got me tickets to go see Celine Dion in concert on Nov. 21, 2008. After waiting for over a year for the event of a lifetime (Celine rocks!) I couldn't believe that in less than 6 days I was going to watch my girl rock it at Energy Solutions. However, disappointment struck when it was just brought to my attention that the concert has been postponed due to illness and will be re-scheduled. When I first heard that, I thought, "Well, I've waited a year, I can wait a little bit longer." Surely it couldn't get any worse than that, but I was wrong. We went online to find that the concert has been rescheduled for Feb. 22, 2009. What's wrong with that date you might ask? Of course, it just happens to fall on a Sunday! I think I'm going to cry.
I still love you Celine!

5 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

That totally bites, what to do? If you don't go, maybe you could sell the tickets on ebay. I know, that doesn't make you feel better. However I'm impressed that your husband thought so far in advance...good man.

Hermana Macy Udy said...

What a sad, sad day! And yes Steve is a good man to think that far in advance; brownie points for him!

Maybe you can rent a dvd of celine in concert and rock it out in your home!

mamagee said...

I felt so bad being the bearer of bad tidings - but you should see if you could make the Denver one. Maybe someone can't go there and you could exchange tickets. Never hurts to try. Any had a good suggestion - rock out to a DVD at home. Second best thing.

Katie Gee said...

What, what, what?!?!?! I can't believe it! I hope something will work out for you.

Diana said...

I need your mailing address!!!

By the way, I'm sorry about the concert. We could just karaoke at the Capitol again. Start practicing now! "All by myself...."