Sunday, May 11, 2008

Blessing Day

Today we blessed Mikayla and it went so well. She was just a little fussy during the blessing and that was because she got the hiccups. After the blessing she went right out and woke up just in time for pictures. Her blessing gown turned out beautiful, thanks to my sister-in-law, Amy, who made it from my wedding dress. All in all, it was a great day.
This is a picture of all the men who were in the circle. We are missing two people, Shane, who had to get back to Chloe, and Clark who lives in Colorado.




This picture didn't have anything to do with her blessing day. We just put sunglasses on her and right when I took the picture, she spit up. I thought it looked funny and cute.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i love her dress!

mamagee said...

Janet, you are so the ball!! Isn't that impressive, the picture of all those righteous men? We will need to put Shane in it and Clark in a little heart some place. He called and they sure wish they could have been here. That one of the three of you is just perfect. Way to go. What a special day!!

Hermana Macy Udy said...

Love the pics!

Whaty a neat idea to make her blessing dress out of your wedding dress. I have never heard of that, but I love the idea. That just makes her blessing even more special!

Diana said...

That is so cool that you made her blessing dress from your wedding dress! Great pictures--you look fantastic, Janet.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know her dress was made from your wedding dress. I LOVE the idea. What an awesome thing to pass on to your daughter. She is SO loved.

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten that her dress was made out of yours. That IS a cool idea. You should have pointed that out to us all that day. We would have oooed and aaahhed even more. :) She looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that anonymous was me...I hit enter before I typed my name.